Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New Year "Resolutions"

With the New Year approaching, I always find myself thinking of goals and the things I want to do BETTER this year. And, like many, in mid-February, I find myself weak in "keeping" these goals. This always consists of reading the Bible more, praying more, working out regularly, etc. This year, I'm going to rely wholly on the LORD's strength. I'm tired of trying to do things on my own - I NEED the Holy Spirit's power!! And you do, too, if you're a human like me! :) I recently listened to a message that addressed this issue, and it really struck a chord with me.
I want to make this year - 2010 - ALL about our LORD Jesus. I want to look back at this time next year and think of 2010 as a year that I drew closer to the LORD and was found faithful in loving and serving Him. In becoming a parent soon, it has encouraged me to re-think my life and what is important, and also how I (we) want to raise Katelyn. I've personally adopted this verse and desire for it to be the standard of my life as a parent and as just me, Michelle.
"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and love your neighbor as yourself". Luke 10:27.
There is nothing else more important than life!! So easy to remember, but hard to live-out. Jesus knows us and made us this way so we'd be led to Him.

Here is the link to the message that was such an encouragement and inspiration to me. I hope you'll listen to it and let the LORD speak to your heart this Christmas season.
http://www.ajesuschurch.org/teachings/2009/12-06-2009.mp3

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.